Those affected by Hurricane Ida who are uninsured can get their prescriptions for free. The Emergency Prescription Assistance Program (EAP) is part of the federal government’s approach to disaster response. Managed by the US Department of Health and Human Services, the EPAP is designed to help people without health insurance in a federally identified disaster area replace prescription drugs, vaccines, medical supplies and other equipment that they need.
For insured patients, pharmacies will bill the person’s insurer.
People who live in parishes in the defined disaster area in Louisiana, and who have NO form of prescription insurance, should call the EPAP registration hotline at 1-855-793-7470. You will be asked to provide information to register for EPAP and benefit from the free services described above.
For more information on EPAP, please access https://www.phe.gov/Preparedness/planning/epap/Pages/default.aspx on the US Department of Health and Human Services website.
Pharmacies throughout Louisiana are open and able to meet the needs of residents, including in south-central Louisiana (LDH Region 3). In addition to the fact that all Walmart stores are open and capable of dispensing medication, the following pharmacies have notified LDH that they are operational in Region 3:
- Gem Drugs Gramercy, 1635 LA-3125, Gramercy
Saint Jean Baptist
- Reserve Gem Drugs, 139 Central Avenue, Reserve
- Baldwin Drugs, 702 Main Street, Baldwin
- Franklin Cashway Pharmacy, 1419 Hospital Ave., Franklin
Parish of Lafourche
- Bayou Drug Store, 1615 St. Mary St., Suite F, Thibodaux
- D&M Pharmacy, 1772 boul. Canal, Thibodaux
- Willow Bark Pharmacy # 2, 606 LA-20, Thibodaux
Parish of Terrebonne
- Broadmoor Drug Center, 6096 W. Park Ave., Houma
- Haydel’s Pharmacy # 2, 831 chemin Grand Caillou, Houma
- Lloyd’s Remedies, 3696 W. Main St., Gray
- Total Pharmacy Services, 7806 W. Park Ave., Houma
- Willow Bark Pharmacy, 2138 Bayou Blue Road, Houma
- Haydel’s Pharmacy # 3, LA-311 # 100, Houma
- Wolfe Pharmacy, 5458 LA-56, Chauvin
A list of Walgreens stores open in Louisiana (as of September 14, 2021) can be viewed here.