COIN TYSONS, Virginia., January 3, 2022 / PRNewswire-PRWeb / – Medication errors are the leading preventable cause of serious adverse health events and cost more than $ 528 billion one year in United States. New survey is designed to identify sites across the country where an interprofessional team proactively practices Comprehensive Medication Management (CMM) *, the process that has been shown to better manage drug therapy issues and reduce abuse , overuse and underuse of drugs, while improving health care outcomes. The results of the survey will create a unique national registry of comprehensive drug management practices ©, a resource developed by a Get the Medications Right Institute Working Group.
The GTMR Institute Evidence Subgroup seeks to identify and introduce those who practice MWC in order to better characterize where MWC occurs and to provide better resources for emerging and existing MCM practices. Any organization that provides CMM services is encouraged to participate in the survey to ensure that the results are accurate and reflect current practices across the country.
- WHO: The GTMR Institute Evidence Resource Subgroup seeks to identify and present those who practice MWC to better characterize where MWC occurs and to provide better resources for emerging and existing MWC practices. The survey is aimed at pharmacists and pharmaceutical organizations, whether they are part of a healthcare system, primary care practice, public health provider, or other specialized practice such as oncology, mental health or pain management.
- WHAT: The National Registry of Comprehensive Medication Management Practices Survey will provide the information to complete the registry, which will be made public.
- WHEN: The investigation ends January 13, 2022.
- O: Primary care, community pharmacy, health systems and other organizations providing CMM services can access the survey at this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CBS3R3J
About the Get the Medications Right ™ Institute
The GTMRx Institute is a catalyst for change that brings together critical stakeholders linked by the urgent need to get the right drugs. We are physicians, pharmacists, healthcare informatics innovators, pharmaceutical and diagnostics companies, consumer groups, employers, payers and healthcare systems, aligned to save lives and save money through comprehensive medication management. By showcasing evidence and innovation, we drive practice transformation and encourage policy and payments reform. Together, we ACT to advocate for the appropriate, effective, safe and accurate use of drugs and gene therapy. Learn more about gtmr.org.
* CMM is “the standard of care that ensures that each patient’s medications (whether prescription, over-the-counter, alternative, traditional, vitamin or nutritional supplements) are individually evaluated to determine that each medication is appropriate for. the patient, medicinally effective, safe for the comorbidities and other medications taken, and suitable for the patient to take as intended. “McInnis, T, Webb E, and Strand L. The Patient-Centered Medical Home: Integrating Comprehensive Medication Management to Optimize Patient Outcomes, Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative, June 2012
Aimee Eichelberger, Superior PR, 3129521528, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Get the Medications Right ™ Institute